Memphis International Raceway hosts All American Auto Show | Events
Memphis International Raceway partners with two Memphis area car clubs in a salute to freedom June 23, 2012. Corvette Memphis, Inc., the local club for Corvette enthusiasts is teaming with the Memphis Classic Chevy Club to create a show to remember at Memphis International Raceway. The All American Auto Show, sponsored by Accent Guns and Loans, attracts participants and spectators from several states. Spectator admission is free. The entry fee for the show is just $25. For an additional $10, entrants can test and tune their car on MIR’s quarter mile drag strip. The drag strip will be open from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for any wish to participate. Drivers choosing to participate will receive a slip following each run listing the driver’s quarter mile speed and elapsed time. “It’s a great, safe way to have to have fun with your car,” says Pam Kendrick, VP and General Manager at Memphis International Raceway. “We look forward to a huge turnout,” she continues.
This family friendly event is first and foremost a celebration of our country’s independence and the freedoms we all enjoy, according to James Hicks, president of Memphis Classic Chevys and Joe Dyer, president of Corvette Memphis. The Accent Guns and Loans All American Auto Show will be a special day with fabulous cars on display, the thrill of racing your favorite car on the quarter mile drag strip and the opportunity to walk away with cash in their pocket. Drawings for special prizes will be held throughout the day with drawings for the cash prizes beginning at 2:00 P.M. Bracket racing at MIR will begin when the test and tune event ends and will continue into the early evening.
The Accent Guns and Loans All American Auto Show is truly a unique event. It is actually a show and shine with no judging. Instead of trophies, cash drawings will be held from slips collected at the time of entry. Everyone who shows their car will have an equal chance to win cash. More than 30 cash prizes will be awarded with the smallest award being $50. There will also be a number of other great prizes awarded.
The show’s title sponsor is Accent Guns and Loans located at 3632 Summer Avenue in Memphis. Accent Guns and Loans specializes in hand guns, long guns and all types of jewelry. A spokesperson for the store says it’s a friendly place where shoppers can take their time in selecting a firearm that truly fits their individual needs and desires. For more information about the Accent Guns and Loans All American Auto Show, contact:
About Memphis International Raceway:
Memphis International Raceway is a multi-faceted venue and one of the most popular raceways in the Mid-South for racers and spectators alike. As a leader in its operating form and function, MIR seeks to provide its drivers with a higher level of challenge, excellence and opportunity. MIR boasts three complete tracks, including a high-performance road course, an historic drag strip and a 3/4 mile paved tri-oval. The 1.8 mile road course features fast and challenging corners all set up by long straight-a ways and is considered one of the most competitive in the Mid-South. MIR is sanctioned by the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA). The IHRA, a division of FELD Entertainment, is one of the largest motorsports sanctioning organizations in North America and is a leader in sports entertainment. For more information on MIR, please visit the venue’s website at www.RaceMIR.com and like us on Facebook.Upcoming Events at MIR
· Test N Tune Thursdays – Test N Tune is open to any competitor who wants to test their skills on the historic drag strip. Race events organized in this way are sometimes called "run-what-ya-brung". Admission: Racer $20, Spectator $10, children 12 and under FREE. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. run from 7-11.
· Saturday Summit Bracket Racing presented by COMP Cams – Popular with weekend racers, places a premium on consistency of performance of the driver and car rather than on raw speed. Testing their skills at the line and down the track for the perfect package every time. Some of these racers will drive their vehicles to the track, race them, and then simply drive them home while other will trailer in their race ready car and compete for the track title in the IHRA points and go on to compete at the team and word finals to be held in October. Technical/safety inspection.
· 2 Wheel and Slick Tire Wednesdays - Open only to bikes and slick tire cars. Admission: Racer $20, Spectator $10, children 12 and under FREE.
· Dixie House Café 50K Iron Man Classic, July 6-8, 2012 - gates open at 8 a.m. each day – three days of action packed racing
· IHRA Pro AM, August 17-19, 2012
International Hot Rod Association Pro AM – racers from surrounding states will come to compete at the sportsman race – entry is based on class
· Monster Truck Mania, Jet Cars & King of the Track, August 31 – September 1, 2012
Labor Day Bracket Bash on Friday with IHRA Ironman and racer Pit Party. Saturday will feature Monster Truck Mania, Jet Cars, King of the Track with a car-crushing Monster Truck Freestyle Finale. Spectator admission is $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for Children 12 & under.
· ADRL, September 7-8, 2012
American Drag Racing League – the Pro Mod Show every car enthusiast will want to witness.
· Fun Ford Weekend, September 28-29, 2012
Car Show, Drag Racing, Swap Meet and more – Family Fun for everyone.
· IHRA Team Finals, October 3-7, 2012
· IHRA Summit World Finals, October 10-14, 2012